Thursday, December 7, 2006

How little I knew Sridhara Maharaja...


...I was thinking how little I knew Sridhara Maharaja, although I received a lot of mercy from him but I feel that I missed out on the wonderful opportunity I had to get to know this wonderful personality. . . get close to him with more sincerity and receive his mercy with more earnestness. And I was thinking that maybe we'll feel the same way when gradually we become separated from one another in course of time. And I was praying to Srila Prabhupada that he gives me the purity of heart and sincerity that I recognise the importance and exalted position of the devotees of ISKCON, especially our Godbrothers and Godsisters, and take advantage of their presence on this planet so that we do not repent when it may be a little too late. (His Holiness Bhakti Caru Swami Maharaja; taken from His Holiness Sridhar Swami's Samadhi opening speech)